At Glass & Glass Optometrists, we have a wealth of experience in contact lenses. As an independent optician and contact lens specialist, we can guide you through the variety of lenses available to find a type tailored to your lifestyle and needs. Our priority is to provide the best quality lenses and professional care to maintain and preserve the health of your eyes.
The benefits of contact lenses
Major advances in contact lens design mean that almost everyone can now wear contact lenses successfully. New lens designs and materials now make contact lenses easier, more comfortable and safer to wear than ever before. Here are some great reasons to book in for a contact lens trial and see why contact lenses could have a positive effect on your active lifestyle.
- You will have the freedom to choose between glasses or contact lenses
- With the choice of daily, bimonthly and monthly lenses, you have the freedom to choose every day wear or just for special occasions or sport
- You will feel more relaxed and confident when socialising or exercising.
- Many lenses offer UV protection to protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays
- More complex conditions such as astigmatism and presbyopia can be treated effectively, as well as short- and long-sightedness
- You will have unobstructed and natural vision, with no distracting spectacle frames
- Children can now be fitted for contact lenses with the advances in lens technology.
- Contact lenses don't fog up, get wet in the rain or slip when playing sport
- If you are sensitive to the weight of your frame on your ears and nose, contact lenses can eradicate this
Our three-stage contact lens consultation ensures you get the lenses that are most suitable for your needs and requirements. Our clear and competitive pricing means we talk you through all aspects and choose the right lens for you.
1. Initial contact lens discussion and assessment
In the consultation with our specialist contact lens optometrist, we will discuss your lifestyle and needs. After assessing the health and shape of the eye, we will handpick a lens tailored just for you.
2. Contact lens fitting appointment
A further consultation with the specialist contact lens optometrist will teach you how to put the lenses in and, just as importantly, how to take them out! During this one-to-one tuition session, all aspects of caring for your contact lenses will be covered.
3. End of trial assessment
After trialling your new contact lenses, this follow-up appointment will check that the lenses are performing well and your eyes are healthy.
We will then make sure your eyes and the contact lenses are checked regularly with a six-month consultation with our optometrist.
Our priority is to provide the best quality contact lenses and professional care to maintain and preserve the health of your eyes. With our contact lens scheme, all of your contact lens consultations and eye examinations are covered, giving you that peace of mind.
Our priority is to provide the best quality contact lenses and professional care to maintain and preserve the health of your eyes.
Book an Eye Examination
Often, an eye examination will only last 20 minutes but not at Glass & Glass with our comprehensive eye examination, we will spend at least double that. Find out why?
We give you more not less. Our comprehensive eye exam is unhurried. You will benefit from at least an hour of the undivided attention of our qualified experts.